Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Walking is Great. Famous People Agree.

Photo Credit: ALBOWIEB on Flickr


"All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking."
-Nietzsche

"The sovereign invigorator of the body is exercise, and of all the exercises walking is the best."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time."
-Stephen Wright

"One step at a time is good walking."
-Old Chinese Proverb

I can remember walking as a child. It was not customary to say you were fatigued. It was customary to complete the goal of the expedition."
-Katharine Hepburn

Walking is man's best medicine.
-Hippocrates

"My grandmother started walking 5 miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now and we don't know where the hell she is."
-Ellen DeGeneres

"There is nothing like walking to get the feel of a country. A fine landscape is like a piece of music; it must be taken at the right tempo."
-Paul Scott Mowrer

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, " I hear music," as though there's any other way to take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it, but it did not work."
-Mitch Hedberg

"From walking - something; from sitting - nothing."
-Bulgarian Proverb

"Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called 'walking'"
-George W. Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment