Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bikes are Great. Famous People Agree.

How does riding a bike make you feel? Leave a comment below!


"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride."
-John F. Kennedy

"Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia."
-H. G. Wells

"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle."
-Ernest Hemingway

"And I love to ride my bike, which is great aerobics, but also just a great time for me to think, so it's like this terrific double bill."
-Robin Williams

"I thought of that while riding my bicycle."
-Albert Einstein

"Next to a leisurely walk I enjoy a spin on my tandem bicycle. It is splendid to feel the wind blowing in my face and the springy motion of my iron steed. The rapid rush through the air gives me a delicious sense of strength and buoyancy, and the exercise makes my pulse dance and my heart sing."
-Helen Keller

"Bicycles are almost as good as guitars for meeting girls."
-Bob Weir

"Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There is something wrong with a society that drives a car to work out in a gym."
-Bill Nye the Science Guy

"If I can bicycle, I bicycle."
-David Attenborough

"A lot of fun stuff happens when you go out on a bike compared to when you're in a car. You're more in the environment. It's enjoyable. Even when It's raining, it's still fun."
-Stone Gossard, Pearl Jam guitarist and long-time Seattle resident

"Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood."
-Susan B. Anthony, the woman, not the coin

"The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets."
-Christopher Morley

"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race."
-H. G. Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment